Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Corned Beef & Cabbage and Green Hair?

Corned Beef and Cabbage
Everyone celebrates St. Patrick’s Day in their own way. A lot of us (me included) enjoy the traditional corned beef & cabbage. Read history here. My mother, having Irish ancestry, always wore a ridiculous green bow in her hair for the day. Occasionally, I would forget myself and point out that the bow was hideous. She would promptly remind me of her “Irish temper”. I once worked with a lady who dyed her childrens’ hair green for the day. Poor kids! Many of us toast St. Patrick with green beer; and party the day (and night) away. How do you celebrate?


There is a lot to be said for traditions; but sometimes I like to shake things up a little. Whether you are steeped in tradition or dance your own jig, give this not-so-traditional recipe a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment